- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
Slain Channels TV reporter, Precious Owolabi’s body moves to family house in Kaduna
The body of Mr. Precious Owolabi, a National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, member killed in Monday’s clash between the police and members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, has been moved to his parents’ home in Zaria, Kaduna State.
A senior member of NYSC management confirmed this to Journalists at the scheme’s national directorate in Abuja on Tuesday.
The source revealed that NYSC Director-General, Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim, led other top officials of the Scheme to the National Hospital Morgue Abuja to pay their last respect to Owolabi.
Owolabi was on his primary assignment with Channels TV before his unfortunate death.
According to the source, Ibrahim inspected Owolabi’s body shortly before it was into loaded into a waiting an ambulance the trip to Zaria.
“Owolabi’s body has been taken from the National Hospital mortuary where it is kept to Zaria in Kaduna State,” he said.