- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Police charge woman for inserting pepper into 12-year-old home help’s private parts
Charity Effiong has been charged for allegedly manhandling her househelp (name withheld) by the Anambra State Police Command.
Charity, woman and mother allegedly inserted pepper into the private part of her househelp over an allegation that she stole N 26,000.
The 12 -year -old girl was reportedly battered by her mistress in a bid to get information from her over the missing money.
The incident happened at Nzekwe Street , near Kwata junction in Awka, Anambra State.
The victim , from Ebonyi State , was allegedly stripped and pepper was inserted in her private parts by her mistress .
“ The mistress later allegedly sent her away from the house around 10 .30 p. m . The victim , a primary four pupil was later found by a passerby while wandering and crying on the Kwata Road, ” a source told our correspondent .
Narrating her ordeal , the victim , who sustained various degrees of injuries said she had been manhandled by her mistress several times .
“ She always flogs me with wire . She has her own children but she hardly beats them nor sends them on errands .”
The Good Samaritan that picked her up , Amaka Okoye , said it took her about 30 minutes to douse the effect of the pepper on the girl .
Reacting to the incident , the Secretary , Anambra State Child Protection Network , Hope Okoye , described Effiong’ s action as a violation of the state’s Child Right Act of 2004.
“ Stuffing pepper in the girl ’ s private parts is another level of abuse which has psychological, physical and emotional consequences .
“ I don ’t know why this should be swept under the carpet . We shall take up . This is an inhumane treatment on the little child ,” she stated.
A police source told newsmen that the suspect had been arrested and detained at the Central Police Station, Awka .
The source said , “ It was not long after the matter was reported to the police station that the madam appeared , claiming her home help was abducted .
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Haruna Mohammed , confirmed the incident .
The PPRO said , “ The suspect was charged to court today and the girl was handed over to her parents . She was charged at the Magistrate Court One , Awka .”
Mohammed added that the woman claimed that the victim stole the sum of N 26 , 000 from her house which made her remove the girl ’ s underwear in the course of searching for the money.
The PPRO added , “ She said the girl stole her N 26 ,000 which led her to remove her pants so that she can see whether she hid the money in her underwear .”