- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Ministerial screening: Drama as Dino Melaye asks Keyamo to recite National Anthem
There was a mild drama at the Senate on Friday as Senator representing Kogi West Senatorial district, Dino Melaye demanded that one of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s ministerial nominee, Festus Keyamo, recite the National anthem.
Keyamo, who is among Buhari’s 43-man list submitted to the Senate on Tuesday for screening and approval, appeared before members of the upper legislative chamber on Friday.
Melaye told Keyamo, “I know you to be intellectually mobile, I want you to recite the national anthem.”
However, President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan, overruled Melaye’s request.
Lawan said that the request was not a question.
Keyamo is the 28th nominee that has so far been screened by the Senate.
Recall that Keyamo, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, and lawyer to the All Progressives Congress, APC, had a serious argument with Melaye on a national television prior to the 2019 general elections.