- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Tambuwaal approves the appointment of 9 Perm Secs
The appointment of 9 permanent secretaries in the Sokoto state civil service has been approved by the Governor of Sokoto state, Aminu Waziri Tambuwaal.
In a statement signed and released to Newsmen on Thursday by the Director-General to the Governor on Media and Public Affairs, Malam Abu Shekara stated that the appointments were sequel to vacuum created in the service.
Shekara revealed the names of the appointees in a statement released to Newsmen as Sa’idu Muhammad Maccido; who was Secretary to the Sultanate Council and currently the “Danbura” of Sokoto, Malam Abubakar Shekara, currently the Director General, Media and Public Affairs to the Sokoto State Governor and State Media Corporation and Ahmad Moyi Tambuwal, currently the General Manager, Sokoto State Water Board.
Also are Mu’azu Madawaki, who is a Director with the Administration and General Services Department; Faruku Shehu, who is the current Secretary, State Universal Basic Education Board and Hauwa Abubakar Mohammed, who is a Director General at the State Tourism Development Agency.
The rest are Dr. Attahiru Maigandi, currently the Secretary, State Water Board; Aminu Aliyu Dogondaji, who is the Director General, SACDP/IFAD and Ibrahim Adamu, currently the Director, Information Services at the State Ministry of Information.
However, Tambuwal in the release, congratulated the new appointees and prayed Allah to aid them in their new tasks, while enjoining them to maintain the commitment and discipline for which they have been recognized.