- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Ogun State Police Command has confirmed the rescue of one of the five pastors of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) who were abducted on their way to the Redemption Camp on Thursday.
This happened few hours after one Ogun-based transporter was shot dead along Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun state after delivery turkey consignment in Benin by policemen during shootouts with kidnappers.
Newsmen had earlier reported how these pastors were kidnapped by gunmen and moved into the forest along Ijebu-Ode area of Ogun state.
The Ogun state police command had earlier identified the victims as Chidioze Eluwa, Chiemela Iroha, Okoro Ohowukwe, Ndubuizi Owuabueze, and Ibeleji Chidinma.
Enoch Adeboye, general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), had raised the alarm over the incident.
He had said the victims were on their way to the church for a ministers’ conference when they were kidnap.
In a statement on Saturday, Abimbola Oyeyemi, police public relations officer in the state, said the only woman among the RCCG officials had been rescued unhurt.
“The Ogun state police command wish to inform the general public that one of the kidnap victims Mrs Ibelegbo Chidinma the only woman amongst them has been rescued unhurt,” he said.
“The woman who is a Deaconess of The Redeem Christian church of God regained her freedom in the early hours of today 3rd of August 2019 and she is currently at the command’s headquarters in Abeokuta where arrangement is being made to take her to the Redemption Camp.
“Efforts is on top gear to rescue the remaining victims as the kidnappers who kept them in separate locations were changing their locations from time to time within the forest.
“The command hereby wish to assure members of the public that the remaining victims will soon be rescued.”