- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Many Injured As Backfiring Motorcycles Cause Panic In Times Square As Thousands Think It’s Gunfire
Last weekend’s shootings in the US left many conscious of a possible attack at any spot and this led to multiple injuries at New York’s Times Square after the engines of some motorcycles were mistaken for gunshots.
NYPD’s Midtown North district tweeted that the sounds were from motorcycles as it confirmed that there was no active shooter after receiving several 911 calls around 9:45 p.m on Tuesday August 6. About 12-20 people were injured in the shooting scare and no fewer than six went to hospitals for minor issues, WNBC reported.
“Motorcycles backfiring while passing through sounded like gun shots,” the NYPD said, adding that it received multiple 911 calls.
“… Please don’t panic. The Times Square area is very safe!”
— NYPD Midtown North (@NYPDMTN) August 7, 2019