- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Edo guber: PDP speaks on Gov. Obaseki dumping APC, getting automatic ticket
Ahead of the governorship election in Edo State, the state chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has said the state governor, Godwin Obaseki, won’t get any preferential treatment if he decides to dump the All Progressives Congress, APC, and join them.
State Chairman of the Party, Dan Orbih said Obaseki won’t get an automatic ticket if he decides to cross over to the PDP.
Orbih stated this in a statement signed by the state chapter of the party’s Publicity Secretary, Chris Nehikhare.
According to him: “On the rumours concerning Governor Obaseki – one issue that keeps coming up in the build-up to next year governorship election is whether Obaseki is coming to join us? My answer is I don’t know.
“Will you receive him if he wants to join us? My answer is Yes; our party membership is open to all Nigerians who want to join.
“Are we going to give automatic ticket to him? No provision in our party constitution guarantees an automatic ticket for anyone contesting governorship ticket.
“Our governorship candidate will be chosen in compliance with the provisions of our party’s constitution.”