- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
I caught my wife poisoning my food’ – Man begs court for divorce
A three-year-old marriage between a businessman, Sherif Adesola and his wife, Damilola has been dissolved by the president of a Mapo Customary court in Ibadan for alleged poisoning and adultery.
Ademola Odunade, the president of the customary court ruled that the relationship between Sherif and Damilola has been irreparably damaged.
He gave custody of the two-year-old child to Damilola and ordered Sherif to pay a monthly allowance of N5,000 for the child’s upkeep.
According to NAN reports, Sherif had earlier begged that their marriage should be dissolved.
He said, “I want the divorce because I escaped death when Damilola poisoned my food.
”I caught her red-handed putting the poison in the food she wanted to serve me. When I reported the incident to her parents, nothing was done about it.
”Damilola also embarrasses and insults me in public. She also fights me and tears my clothes.
”I don’t want Damilola to kill me, please separate us,” Sherif begged.
The respondent, who consented to the divorce, denied some of the allegations.
Damilola, who is a hair dresser, accused Sherif of being a womaniser.
She alleged that he had an affair with a friend of hers and impregnated her