- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov. Drags Assembly to court over impeachment notice
- BREAKING: Supreme Court strikes out Atiku, PDP’s appeal
- BREAKING: Court restrains AGF, ICPC from seizing ex-Gov, Yari’s properties
- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
EPL: Guardiola speaks on use of VAR as Man City thrash West Ham
Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has said the use of the video assistant referee (VAR) changes the “dynamic” of games.
Guardiola was speaking to BT Sport, after his side’s 5-0 victory over West Ham on Saturday, where striker Gabriel Jesus became the first player in Premier League history to have a goal retrospectively disallowed.
Already 2-0 ahead, Jesus thought he’d scored a third for City, only for referee Mike Dean to disallow the goal for offside following a consultation with VAR.
This is the first season the technology has been used in the Premier League and VAR came into play again later on in the match, when Sergio Aguero’s saved penalty had to be retaken due to encroachment.
“You have to be mentally strong when VAR is not on our side.
“You think at 3-0 the game is almost over but at 2-0, the game is completely different.
“You have to be calm and be strong. It is going to change the dynamic not just for the team but for the spectators. It will be a good lesson for our future,” Guardiola said.