- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Former Egyptian president Mohammed Morsi dies in court
- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
Why We Lost Against England At Wembley Stadium – Mikel Obi
In their post-match submissions, Rohr and Mikel agreed that the Eagles played poorly in the first half and only got their acts right together in the second half.
“We can play better than we did in the first half, and that was what happened in the second half we know we can play like that. We must press teams and play more like we did in the second half, if we play like that at the World Cup I know we can win games” the Super Eagles captain stated after Saturday’s friendly.
Mikel noted that the tactics adopted by the Three Lions clipped their wing in the first half and things only got better in the second half when Rohr also changed the formation to suit what the home team brought to the table.
On his part, Rohr said there was a lot learnt from Saturday’s game and it also afforded him the chance to get fresher perspective on the players.
“This game shows we still have a lot of work to do to be ready for the World Cup. We have to make the best use of the two weeks left before our first game in Russia. It’s time to focus. No distractions.”
The Super Eagles are off to Austria from London where they would cross their tees and dot the I’s before heading to Russia.
The team will be facing the Czech Republic in their final test game.