- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
Nigerian army reacts on Bobrisky’s arrest
The Nigerian Army has distanced itself from reports that a suspected notorious cult leader, popular known as Bobrisky in Gokana Local Government Area of Rivers state.
WITHIN NIGERIA had earlier reported that Rivers State Governor Nyesom Ezenwo Wike announced on Friday, August 9th that a notorious criminal, Bobrisky has been arrested by soldiers attached to the state.
The Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 6 Division, Colonel Aminu Illiyasu, has however denied the claims made by the governor. In an interview with The Leadership, Illiyasu said soldiers did not arrest Bobrisky or any other criminal in Gokana local government area.
“We don’t know what they are talking about. If such thing has happened, I would have been the first to inform you. When we got Don Wanny, I sent you pictures and the statement as early as 4:00am in the morning, because I couldn’t get all of you to come and take pictures yourself.
“When we got Mene, I sent the statement and pictures to you even before you started calling me. But, the issue of Bobrisky, we don’t know anything about it. If the 6 Division of the Nigerian Army was involved, I wouldn’t have waited for you to call before passing the information to you.”
The governor on Thursday August 8th, placed a N30 million bounty on Bobrisky. Hours later, he announced that the suspected criminal had been arrested by soldiers after his promise to reward anybody with information that could lead to his arrest.
“The Army has captured Bobrisky of Gokana. I will pay the bounty that I promised to the Nigerian Army. Anyone who generates insecurity in Rivers State, I am ready to pay any amount to ensure the arrest of that person.” the governor said