- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Days after two children were abducted in Gombe state and trafficked to Anambra state, they have been rescued by the Anambra State Police Command.
The suspect identified as Patience Opia from Cross River, Ejece Obi, from Anambra State and Blessings John from Bauchi State were linked to the abduction and they have been paraded by the Anambra State Police Command.
WITHIN NIGERIA learnt that the children were abducted while playing in their parents’ compound.
While reacting to the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Haruna Mohammed disclosed that the suspects planned selling each of the children for N750k before being nabbed.
The principal suspect, Blessings John reportedly claimed that she was the biological mother of one of the children while the other one belonged to her late sister.
It was however gathered that the kids recognized who their parents were after they turned up at the police station. The father of the rescued kids, Abdulaziz Suleman said they discovered their kids were found in Anambra through social media.
According to reports, Opia denied knowing the two kids were abducted and also had a price tag on them. The lady who hawks sachet water at the Onitsha main market said Blessing told her that one of the children was her child, while the other was her late sister’s child and that they needed somebody to help in training them in school. Opia added that she linked Ejece Obi with Blessing after a search.
“I don’t know the lady apart from when she came to Onitsha and claimed that she was robbed by armed robbers. Also I didn’t know that there were price tags on the boys. I am just hearing about the N750,000 price for each of the boys. I am not aware of any intention to sell the boys,” she said.