- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Ekiti workers seek payment of promotion benefits
Public workers in Ekiti State have called on Governor Kayode Fayemi to fast-track the implementation of financial benefits attached to their promotions.
The workers, who were owed three years promotion benefits for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017, berated the action of the immediate past governor, Ayodele Fayose, for effecting their promotions without financial benefits.
The workers, under the aegis of Joint Public Service Negotiation Council (JNC), described the immediate past administration as administration without conscience and insensitive to workers’ welfare.
The council, in a statement co-signed by the chairman, Comrade Fatomiluyi Kayode and Secretary Comrade Gbenga Olowoyo, expressed confidence in the present administration, urging Fayemi to address the financial benefits among other issues affecting the welfare of the workers.
“As a matter of fact, the entire public servants are conscious of Fayemi-led administration’s readiness to clear all the outstanding salaries within one year of his term in the office, which he has repeatedly said at different fora,” the body said.