- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
3 days after abduction, Police DPO regains freedom in Delta
The ransom of N3m has been reportedly paid to kidnappers who abducted a delta state divisional police officer along Benin-Asaba Expressway on Friday, August 9.
The victim, the DPO of Galilee Police Station at Ute-Ogbeje community in Ika North East Local Government Area of the state identified as Mr Okoro was reportedly taken to an unknown location by the kidnappers who kidnapped him after shooting indiscriminately.
A police source told Newsmen that the sum of N3m was paid before the DPO regained his freedom on Sunday, August 11.
While reacting to the incident, the commissioner of Police, Delta state, Mr. Adeyinka stated that police as an institution do not support payment of ransom to kidnappers. The abducted DPO is my friend, he said.