- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
3 days after abduction, Police DPO regains freedom in Delta
The ransom of N3m has been reportedly paid to kidnappers who abducted a delta state divisional police officer along Benin-Asaba Expressway on Friday, August 9.
The victim, the DPO of Galilee Police Station at Ute-Ogbeje community in Ika North East Local Government Area of the state identified as Mr Okoro was reportedly taken to an unknown location by the kidnappers who kidnapped him after shooting indiscriminately.
A police source told Newsmen that the sum of N3m was paid before the DPO regained his freedom on Sunday, August 11.
While reacting to the incident, the commissioner of Police, Delta state, Mr. Adeyinka stated that police as an institution do not support payment of ransom to kidnappers. The abducted DPO is my friend, he said.