- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Insurgents kill four soldiers in Borno state
Four Nigerian soldiers have been reportedly killed by Boko Haram members during an attack in Gubio, Borno state on Saturday, August 10th.
The insurgents attacked the Nigerian Army 5 Brigade in Gubio at about 6:00pm on Saturday on the eve of Eid Mubarak.
Attempts made by the soldiers to defend their camps were futile as they were killed and equipments carted away by the insurgents.
Newsmen gathered that four gun trucks, one mortar gun and one artillery gun were carted away by terrorists.
The attack forced military commanders to relocate troops and the 5 Brigade from Gubio, about 100 kilometres from Maiduguri, to Damasak, where the military operates a larger camp.
“Therefore, we now have no troops in Gubio, Magumeri and Kareto” a military source said
The military source expressed fears that the entire stretch between Maiduguri to Damasak, spanning over 160 kilometres, is now without military presence and may be vulnerable to attacks.
The Nigerian Army is yet to react to this recent attack.