- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
Insurgents kill four soldiers in Borno state
Four Nigerian soldiers have been reportedly killed by Boko Haram members during an attack in Gubio, Borno state on Saturday, August 10th.
The insurgents attacked the Nigerian Army 5 Brigade in Gubio at about 6:00pm on Saturday on the eve of Eid Mubarak.
Attempts made by the soldiers to defend their camps were futile as they were killed and equipments carted away by the insurgents.
Newsmen gathered that four gun trucks, one mortar gun and one artillery gun were carted away by terrorists.
The attack forced military commanders to relocate troops and the 5 Brigade from Gubio, about 100 kilometres from Maiduguri, to Damasak, where the military operates a larger camp.
“Therefore, we now have no troops in Gubio, Magumeri and Kareto” a military source said
The military source expressed fears that the entire stretch between Maiduguri to Damasak, spanning over 160 kilometres, is now without military presence and may be vulnerable to attacks.
The Nigerian Army is yet to react to this recent attack.