- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Man murders tricycle operator with a wheel spanner over right of way
Owner of an SUV has allegedly murdered a tricycle “Keke NAPEP” rider, he clubbed him to death with a wheel spanner while they fought over right of way in Lagos.
The SUV owner identified as Christian Innocent has been arrested by the police for allegedly killing one Aniete Bassey, a tricycle rider, during a brawl over the right of way in Surulere, area of Lagos State on Sunday.
“Information gathered by Homicide detectives revealed that, the deceased person and a yet to be identified person in a Jeep had a misunderstanding on a major road along Akerele Street, Surulere by Falolu. That during the scuffle, the driver of the Jeep brought out a wheel spanner from his car and hit the deceased person twice on the head.
“The Jeep driver drove to an unknown destination, immediately after the incident. After a thorough and painstaking examination of available traces, the Jeep driver was identified as Christian Innocent, 39 years old of No 28 James Robertson Surulere and arrested by a team of detectives led by the Divisional Police Officer, Surulere, CSP Jimoh Jabaje on 12th August, 2019.
“He confessed to have engaged the deceased person in a fight over the right of way. That there was a vulgar abuse between him and the keke rider over who among them has the right of way as they both accused each other of rough driving. But there was no crash between the Jeep and the Keke,” he said.
Elkana said the suspect would be charged to court.
During interrogation, the suspect said there was a vulgar abuse between him and Bassey over who among them have the right of way as they both accused each other of rough driving.