- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Woman pours hot water on her husband for not picking her from church
A Zimbabwean man has been left badly scalded after being poured hot water by his wife Alice Chigwida, for coming home late and failing to pick her from St Mary’s Cathedral on Sunday August 11.
Mr Davies Chitagu reportedly returned home around 10pm and they had an argument about him not picking her up from church.
He was reportedly sleeping when his wife stormed the room he was in and emptied a bucket of hot water on him.
A family member told Chronicle that the lady ignored her husband’s plea while pouring the hot water on him.
“When she feared that he would die on their matrimonial bed, she helped him into their car and went to dump him at a surgery in the city before telling his relatives that he was in hospital,” the family source said.
It was learnt that a police report had to be made before Mr Chitagu could be treated. Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Abednico Ncube confirmed the incident and he said an investigation has already been launched.
“I can confirm that we are dealing with a case of domestic violence where a woman scalded her husband with boiling water following a domestic dispute.
Further investigations into the matter are underway,” said Inspector Ncube.
Mr Chitagu has since been discharged from the hospital but still has bandages on almost all parts of his body.