- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
DR Congo Health minister resigns over ‘poor handling of Ebola crisis’
The health minister in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Oly Ilunga has resigned over the handling of the Ebola outbreak.
In his resignation letter, Oly Ilunga criticized a decision by President Félix Tshisekedi to replace him as the head of the Ebola response team, BBC reports.
Ilunga lamented outside pressure to roll out a new experimental Ebola vaccine by some aid agencies and donors.
“Following the decision of the president to manage the Ebola epidemic himself, I have handed in my resignation as minister of health on Monday.
“It was my honour to put my expertise to work for our nation during these two very important years of our history.
“It would be fanciful to think that the new vaccine proposed by actors, who have shown an obvious lack of ethics by voluntarily hiding important information from medical authorities, could have a significant impact on the control of the current outbreak,” the letter read in part.