- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
DR Congo Health minister resigns over ‘poor handling of Ebola crisis’
The health minister in the Democratic Republic of Congo, Oly Ilunga has resigned over the handling of the Ebola outbreak.
In his resignation letter, Oly Ilunga criticized a decision by President Félix Tshisekedi to replace him as the head of the Ebola response team, BBC reports.
Ilunga lamented outside pressure to roll out a new experimental Ebola vaccine by some aid agencies and donors.
“Following the decision of the president to manage the Ebola epidemic himself, I have handed in my resignation as minister of health on Monday.
“It was my honour to put my expertise to work for our nation during these two very important years of our history.
“It would be fanciful to think that the new vaccine proposed by actors, who have shown an obvious lack of ethics by voluntarily hiding important information from medical authorities, could have a significant impact on the control of the current outbreak,” the letter read in part.