- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
The Deputy Governor of Kogi State, Elder Simon Achuba has filed an application before the State High Court, Lokoja.
The Deputy Governor is challenging the purported impeachment notice served on him by the State House of Assembly, on grounds that it was served out of time and marred with irregularities.
The case is set for hearing on the date to be announced soon by the court.
Withinnigeria recalls that the State Assembly had earlier commenced an impeachment process against the Deputy Governor over alleged gross misconduct.
The impeachment notice was read by the majority leader of the House, Abdullahi Bello (Ajaokuta, APC) as a petition on the floor of the Assembly. He said the petition was based on three grounds of criminal indulgence, financial misappropriation and non-performance.