- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
The Deputy Governor of Kogi State, Elder Simon Achuba has filed an application before the State High Court, Lokoja.
The Deputy Governor is challenging the purported impeachment notice served on him by the State House of Assembly, on grounds that it was served out of time and marred with irregularities.
The case is set for hearing on the date to be announced soon by the court.
Withinnigeria recalls that the State Assembly had earlier commenced an impeachment process against the Deputy Governor over alleged gross misconduct.
The impeachment notice was read by the majority leader of the House, Abdullahi Bello (Ajaokuta, APC) as a petition on the floor of the Assembly. He said the petition was based on three grounds of criminal indulgence, financial misappropriation and non-performance.