- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
NYSC Batch ‘B’ Stream II orientation to begin today
This year’s Batch ‘B’ Stream II orientation course of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) will begin today across the country and end at midnight on Wednesday, August 21.
In a statement on Monday, NYSC Director General, Brig.-Gen. Shuaibu Ibrahim felicitated with prospective Corps members of Stream II, Batch ‘B’ on their successful mobilisation for the service year.
He advised them to make the best use of the opportunity as they are on the threshold to begin a new phase of life.
The NYSC director general stressed that life is precious and must be treated with great circumspection.
Ibrahim enjoined prospective corps members to make adequate travel plans “as every successful journey starts with a good plan”.
He also advised them to shun night travels, saying such journeys would make them susceptible to falling in harm’s way.
The NYSC chief advised the prospective corps members to avoid edibles from strangers as they could be laced with sleep-inducing substances that could make them become victims of kidnappers, robbers, ritualists and rapists.
“While in the vehicle, never get involved, either actively or passively in discussions that border on religion, politics and tribe. Just mind your business.
“Ensure that you board a registered vehicle from approved park. Doing otherwise could spell danger. Please, ensure that the vehicle you want to board is roadworthy.
“When you arrive the orientation camps, abide by all the rules and regulations guiding the camp, which is a regimented environment,” Ibrahim said.