- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
The daughter of Late Chief MKO Abiola and Kudirat Abiola, Hafsat Abiola-Costello who turned 45 today shared a photo of herself and her six siblings with their partners and children.
Hafsat who walked down memory lane to remember her mother, Kudirat Abiola who was assassinated while their father was in prison said her mother was killed three months before she became 45.
She wrote via her Facebook page that:
“My mum was killed in June 1996, three months shy of her 45th birthday. I am 45 today. This year, more than ever, I am conscious of the gift of time.
I am thankful for – My larger-than-life father, MKO, who taught me the importance of being African, to recognize that my humanity is connected to yours.
My mother, who always said I should do ‘shuku,’ a traditional hairstyle that I later discovered is favoured by Yoruba queens.
It was just one of the many ways my dearest mother nurtured the queen within me. My siblings. All of them. My husband and gentle angel children.
My elders, friends and aburos (people younger than me). All shape the person I have been, am and will be. May my use of what time remains honour the deposits made into my life. Asé.”