- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
EFCC Arrests Alleged Cyber Criminal, Two Others In Benin
A suspect of cyber fraud, Oseghale Collins, was on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Benin Zonal Office at his hideout in Benin City, Edo State.
Collins who specialises in Business Email Compromise, BEC, was arrested alongside two brothers, Stephen and Fred Emefiele, who are also alleged to be involved in internet fraud.
In his confessional statement, Collins stated that he specialises in BEC and that his modus operandi was to search for email addresses especially official business email addresses, create a phishing link and compromise the process in order to defraud unsuspecting victims. .
When operatives arrived their apartment in the Government Reservation Area, GRA, in Benin City, they met what appears to be a workstation of laptops, printer, internet modem, flash drive, with which they operate. AMercedes Benz ML 350 was also recoveredfrom the suspect.
They will soon be arraigned in court.