- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to release Sowore in 24 hours
- BREAKING: Pipeline explosion at Gloryland Estate, Isheri
- BREAKING: Several injured in Lagos gas explosion
- BREAKING: Senate swears in Smart Adeyemi
- BREAKING: Kidnappers of female students caught, lynched in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Three female students kidnapped in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: Five inmates in Ikoyi prison electrocuted to death
The family of a fresh graduate and prospective corps members identified as Chijim has been thrown into mourning as he was allegedly shot dead by a trigger-happy policeman in Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Monday night.
The deceased, a student of University of Port Harcourt was preparing for his one year mandatory national youth service that would start next month before the incident, Ojims Micheal confirmed.
My inlaw, a young man that grew up with my family and is so clean and stainless to the point the children in the house call him “hypo”, a uniport graduate, not a cultist, never looks for anyone’s trouble a boy that’s supposed to go for youth service this September was gunned down last night by a trigger happy policemen for no reasons, now they are claiming accidental discharge. If We humans can’t fight back,the GOD will fight this battle for his family.”
In other news, a 36 year old man, Bolaji AbdulSalam was brutally matcheted to death by a group of cultists in the early hours of Saturday over stoppage of smoking Indian helm in Ilorin, Kwara State capital.