- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
The family of a fresh graduate and prospective corps members identified as Chijim has been thrown into mourning as he was allegedly shot dead by a trigger-happy policeman in Port Harcourt, Rivers State on Monday night.
The deceased, a student of University of Port Harcourt was preparing for his one year mandatory national youth service that would start next month before the incident, Ojims Micheal confirmed.
My inlaw, a young man that grew up with my family and is so clean and stainless to the point the children in the house call him “hypo”, a uniport graduate, not a cultist, never looks for anyone’s trouble a boy that’s supposed to go for youth service this September was gunned down last night by a trigger happy policemen for no reasons, now they are claiming accidental discharge. If We humans can’t fight back,the GOD will fight this battle for his family.”
In other news, a 36 year old man, Bolaji AbdulSalam was brutally matcheted to death by a group of cultists in the early hours of Saturday over stoppage of smoking Indian helm in Ilorin, Kwara State capital.