- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Meet Chika Odionyenma, suspected Fraudster on FBI list who bagged appointment in Imo State
Before Chika Augustine Odionyenma was unveiled as a notorious fraudster on FBI’s 77-man list of suspected Nigerian fraudsters, he was widely known as Founder and President of Nwa Ka Nwa Foundation.
Chika hails from Amakohia in Owerri North Local Government Area of Imo State and his people only know him to be a young philanthropist who has been a blessing to his generation.
According to TheCable, Odionyenma was recently appointed into the committee which planned the inauguration of Emeka Ihedioha, the governor of Imo state and it affirmed with a copy of the letter of appointment.
The letter which was personally signed by Ihedioha reads;
“Following my successful declaration as Governor-elect of Imo State by the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC and my subsequent receipt of certificate of return thereof, I have duly constituted an inauguration planning and handover committee,with the responsibility of liaising with the existing government to ensure a smooth handover of power to our party on 29th May, 2019,” .
“I will be pleased if you can serve as a Member of the Sub-Committee on Logistics. The committees will be inaugurated on Tuesday 9th April 2019, Rockview Hotel Owerri at 12 noon.
“I trust you will avail us your expertise and time in carrying out this assignment to support quest to rebuild Imo.
“While recognizing your sacrifice, accept my congratulations.”
There are reports that he pumped money into the campaign of Ihedioha in the build-up to the March governorship election.
The suspect is also a member of a “Committee for Recovery of Looted Property in Imo”, set up by Ihedioha to recover assets suspected to have been illegally taken by former office holders.
After the FBI list was released, the suspect shut all his known social media accounts and went into hiding.
Being a philanthropist widely known in Imo State, Chika was also close to the former governor, Rochas Okorocha, the duo were spotted posing for camera at an event.
According to the federal government, Chika Odionyenma and others risk being extradited if they do not surrender to US authorities.