- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
Meet Chika Odionyenma, suspected Fraudster on FBI list who bagged appointment in Imo State
Before Chika Augustine Odionyenma was unveiled as a notorious fraudster on FBI’s 77-man list of suspected Nigerian fraudsters, he was widely known as Founder and President of Nwa Ka Nwa Foundation.
Chika hails from Amakohia in Owerri North Local Government Area of Imo State and his people only know him to be a young philanthropist who has been a blessing to his generation.
According to TheCable, Odionyenma was recently appointed into the committee which planned the inauguration of Emeka Ihedioha, the governor of Imo state and it affirmed with a copy of the letter of appointment.
The letter which was personally signed by Ihedioha reads;
“Following my successful declaration as Governor-elect of Imo State by the Independent National Electoral Commission INEC and my subsequent receipt of certificate of return thereof, I have duly constituted an inauguration planning and handover committee,with the responsibility of liaising with the existing government to ensure a smooth handover of power to our party on 29th May, 2019,” .
“I will be pleased if you can serve as a Member of the Sub-Committee on Logistics. The committees will be inaugurated on Tuesday 9th April 2019, Rockview Hotel Owerri at 12 noon.
“I trust you will avail us your expertise and time in carrying out this assignment to support quest to rebuild Imo.
“While recognizing your sacrifice, accept my congratulations.”
There are reports that he pumped money into the campaign of Ihedioha in the build-up to the March governorship election.
The suspect is also a member of a “Committee for Recovery of Looted Property in Imo”, set up by Ihedioha to recover assets suspected to have been illegally taken by former office holders.
After the FBI list was released, the suspect shut all his known social media accounts and went into hiding.
Being a philanthropist widely known in Imo State, Chika was also close to the former governor, Rochas Okorocha, the duo were spotted posing for camera at an event.
According to the federal government, Chika Odionyenma and others risk being extradited if they do not surrender to US authorities.