- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
Tragedy struck in Kaduna community as five people got killed, houses burnt in fresh attacks
Atleast five people killed and several houses burnt to ashes were recorded during an attack by unknown gunmen at Kiri village in Attakar Chiefdom of Kaura local government of Kaduna state.
After several months of relative peace in the southern part of Kaduna state, the attack on the village borderinf Ryom Local Government Area of Plateau state is recent and fresh.
While speaking with journalists, the Spokesman of the Kaduna State Police Command confirmed the ugly attack and stated that they have commenced investigation to unravel the identity of the attackers and they must face the law.
We reliably gathered that the attackers stormed the village around 4pm on Thursday evening and shot sporadically at the innocent villagers.
“In the process, five persons were killed while two others are still missing. A number of houses including, the new Police Outpost were burnt and vandalised respectively.” He disclosed.
The Police confirmed the killings of the villagers by unknown armed hoodlums who invaded the village.
According to him, “some armed hoodlums came to the village on Thursday, shooting sporadically and shot one man , named Daniel who was later rushed to the hospital.
“Upon receiving information, the area commander of Kafanchan rushed to the scene and chased the hoodlums who ran into a hill bordering Kaura and Ryom Local Government area of plateau state.
“And this morning while our men were combing the the area they discovered four corpses and the 35 year Daniel whom was injured yesterday later died, making five persons dead.
“Police have taken over situation in the state as everywhere in the village is calm and patrol is ongoing in the surrounding area.” He said.
The PPRO stressed that, preliminary investigation shows that the attackers may have come through Ryom Local Goverment area of Platueau state.