- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
Twitter CEO and co-founder, Jack’s Twitter account hacked
The co-founder and chief executive of micro blogging website, Twitter has had his own account hacked by certain hackers.
A functional group referring to itself as the Chuckling Squad has claimed that they are behind the breach of Jack Dorsey’s account.
The Twitter account, which has more than four million followers, tweeted out a sensitive and highly offensive and racist remark for about 15 minutes.
The messages – some posted directly by @jack account, and others retweeted from other accounts – used the n-word and made anti-Semitic comments referencing the Holocaust.
Is is not clear how the hackers could get access to the account but it seems vulnerability in a third-party app could be the reason.
It is an awkward occurrence for Mr Jack Dorsey, with many security experts probing whether he, of all people, should have had the proper protections to stop such an attack being possible.