- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Twitter CEO and co-founder, Jack’s Twitter account hacked
The co-founder and chief executive of micro blogging website, Twitter has had his own account hacked by certain hackers.
A functional group referring to itself as the Chuckling Squad has claimed that they are behind the breach of Jack Dorsey’s account.
The Twitter account, which has more than four million followers, tweeted out a sensitive and highly offensive and racist remark for about 15 minutes.
The messages – some posted directly by @jack account, and others retweeted from other accounts – used the n-word and made anti-Semitic comments referencing the Holocaust.
Is is not clear how the hackers could get access to the account but it seems vulnerability in a third-party app could be the reason.
It is an awkward occurrence for Mr Jack Dorsey, with many security experts probing whether he, of all people, should have had the proper protections to stop such an attack being possible.