- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
15days after abduction, Kaduna pastor got freed, ransom undisclosed
15days after abduction, Rev. Elisha Numan of the Baptist Church in Ungwan Makeri community of Chikun Local Government Area in Kaduna state has been freed.
The clergyman was released by his kidnappers after an undisclosed amount was paid as ransom to unknown gunmen that kidnapped him on Wednesday, August 14.
We gathered that the Baptist pastor was released on Saturday evening after ransom was paid. His kidnap has left the family in trauma as a result of his sickness. We have no choice than to pray to God for revenge since our security operatives are helpless, a source revealed.
While reacting to this new development, the Chairman of the Kaduna State chapter of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) confirmed the release of the abducted pastor.
“Rev. Elisha Numan was released on Saturday night after two weeks in captivity. He was released after a ransom was paid following series of negotiations with the bandits on the ransom.
“We thank God for His mercies, we pray for God’s intervention in the calamity that seemed to have befallen us as a nation.
“We will also continue to call on the government and the security agencies to do everything within their powers to stop the increasing rate of criminality across the country, especially the increasing wave of kidnappings in Kaduna.” Hayab said.
Rev. Numan was kidnapped with his son Emmanuel at their residence in Kaduna state. Emmanuel was later released by the kidnappers who demanded N20m for the release of his father, but got into negotiations with the family afterwards.