- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
- BREAKING: Chelsea complete stunning comeback to draw with nine-man Ajax
- BREAKING: FG orders NCC to reduce data cost
- BREAKING: Court sacks Reps majority leader
FIFA announces final three-man shortlist for Men’s Player of the Year
FIFA, on Monday, announced their final three-man shortlist for the Men’s Player of the Year award.
They are: Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Portugal), Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool Netherlands) and Lionel Messi, (Barcelona and Argentina).
FIFA made the announcements via their official website.
One of the three will be named FIFA Men’s Player of the Year (2019).
The winner of the award will be selected by a panel of experts chosen by FIFA, comprised of former goalkeepers and strikers.
Withinnigeria had reported that Ronaldo, Messi and Van Dijk made the 10-man list that was released in July this year.
Others included in the 10-man list are: Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool), Frenkie De Jong (Ajax/Barcelona), Matthijs De Ligt (Ajax/Juventus), Eden Hazard (Chelsea/Real Madrid), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Sadio Mane (Liverpool) and Mohammed Salah (Liverpool).
Real Madrid midfielder, Luka Modric, who is the current holder of the award, has been left out.
Messi and Ronaldo have shared the prize five times apiece over the past decade.