- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
- BREAKING: Court orders DSS to transfer El-Zakzaky, wife to Kaduna Correctional Centre
14-Year-Old Boy Confesses To Shooting And Killing All Five Members Of His Family
It has been reported that mere 14-year-old boy shot and killed all five members of his family in the US state of Alabama.
The boy is reported to have called the police and confessed to the crime after the act. This was revealed by local law enforcement on Tuesday.
The Agence France Prsse, AFP, reports that three of the victims were found dead at the scene, a house in Elkmont, Alabama, and the other two died later after being airlifted to a regional hospital.
“The 14-year old caller was interviewed and confessed to shooting all five members of his family in the residence,” Limestone County sheriff said on Twitter.
“He is currently assisting investigators in locating the weapon, a 9mm handgun that he said he tossed nearby,” it said.
The shootings occurred late Monday.
The boy in custody was not identified, and there was no immediate word on a possible motive for the murders.
Gun violence is a prevalent feature in American life with more than 36,000 deaths a year — about a third of them homicides — according to statistics compiled by the Giffords Law Center, an advocacy group.