- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Xenophobia: Kemi Olunloyo Declines To Attend Investigative Journalism Conference In South Africa
The conference is organized by Jocoza in South Africa. The programme AIJC19 is for the 15th African Investigative Journalism. It is run by the Journalism Programme of the University of the Witwatersrand.
It is run by staff and students, though many of the contributions come from other journalists and correspondents.
Nigerian investigative journalist, Kemi Olunloyo took to her Twitter page to make the announcement. She hinged her cancellation on the current xenophobic attacks going on in the country.
See teet below:
I will NOT be attending due to #XenophobicAttacks
and #GenderBasedViolence #ViolenceAgainstWomen. A Nigerian bizwoman was killed in her hotel in #SouthAfrica plus you excluded West African Journalists from your fellowships. Ghana's Ahmed Divela was killed Jan 2019 a good IJourno https://t.co/gkJ4RGusHc
— Dr Kemi Olunloyo (@HNNAfrica) September 5, 2019