- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Euro 2020: Jesse Lingard sent home from England camp
Jesse Lingard has returned to Manchester United early, after missing England’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Bulgaria on Saturday.
The 26-year-old has been unable to train this week due to illness and was not named in Gareth Southgate’s squad for the match at Wembley.
Southgate told ITV: “We’ve decided to send him home today.
“He hasn’t been able to train last couple of days, we don’t think he’ll be ready for Tuesday.”
Lingard will now miss England’s clash with Kosovo.
The midfielder will now be aiming to be fit for United’s next Premier League fixture against Leicester City at Old Trafford on Saturday.