- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
The Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN), has held its annual Ashura procession in Abuja, Withinnigeria reports.
According to a top member of the Shi’ites group, Abdulai Musa, the procession started in Wuse market and ended around Berger about from 8: oo am and ended byI 8:30 am.
Musa told our newsmen that the procession was peaceful and well organised.
IMN had on Monday petitioned the Human Rights Commission, United Nations and the European Union over Tuesday’s Ashura procession which it claimed that the police are preparing to disrupt and attack its members.