- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
Nigeria Police gets warrant to keep Dino Melaye for 14 days
The Nigeria Police Force said it had obtained a warrant to keep embattled Senator Dino Melaye in its custody for 14 days.
Few hours after reports went viral that masked Policemen whisked Senator Dino Melaye away from hospital, the force spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, explained that they have a warrant which was obtained from the Federal Capital Territory High Court on January 9, 2019, to enable the police to investigate Melaye for criminal conspiracy and attempted culpable homicide.
He disclosed in a statement in Abuja on Friday that Melaye was moved from the Police Clinic, Abuja, to DSS medical facility due to complaints from the senator that he was unwell.
The statement said, “The Police medical team at the Police Hospital certified that Melaye is well and healthy to stand trial after treating him.
“However, due to complaints from Senator Melaye that he is not well, the Police Investigation Team has taken him this afternoon (Friday) to another government hospital, DSS Medical Facility in Abuja for further medical attention.
“The Police Investigation Team obtained a 14-day remand warrant from the FCT High Court on January 9 to keep Senator Melaye in Police custody for investigation into the case of criminal conspiracy and attempted culpable homicide against him till January 23, 2019.”
The force denied reports that the operatives who evacuated the lawmaker were masked.