- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Nigeria Police gets warrant to keep Dino Melaye for 14 days
The Nigeria Police Force said it had obtained a warrant to keep embattled Senator Dino Melaye in its custody for 14 days.
Few hours after reports went viral that masked Policemen whisked Senator Dino Melaye away from hospital, the force spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, explained that they have a warrant which was obtained from the Federal Capital Territory High Court on January 9, 2019, to enable the police to investigate Melaye for criminal conspiracy and attempted culpable homicide.
He disclosed in a statement in Abuja on Friday that Melaye was moved from the Police Clinic, Abuja, to DSS medical facility due to complaints from the senator that he was unwell.
The statement said, “The Police medical team at the Police Hospital certified that Melaye is well and healthy to stand trial after treating him.
“However, due to complaints from Senator Melaye that he is not well, the Police Investigation Team has taken him this afternoon (Friday) to another government hospital, DSS Medical Facility in Abuja for further medical attention.
“The Police Investigation Team obtained a 14-day remand warrant from the FCT High Court on January 9 to keep Senator Melaye in Police custody for investigation into the case of criminal conspiracy and attempted culpable homicide against him till January 23, 2019.”
The force denied reports that the operatives who evacuated the lawmaker were masked.