- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Nigeria Police gets warrant to keep Dino Melaye for 14 days
The Nigeria Police Force said it had obtained a warrant to keep embattled Senator Dino Melaye in its custody for 14 days.
Few hours after reports went viral that masked Policemen whisked Senator Dino Melaye away from hospital, the force spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, explained that they have a warrant which was obtained from the Federal Capital Territory High Court on January 9, 2019, to enable the police to investigate Melaye for criminal conspiracy and attempted culpable homicide.
He disclosed in a statement in Abuja on Friday that Melaye was moved from the Police Clinic, Abuja, to DSS medical facility due to complaints from the senator that he was unwell.
The statement said, “The Police medical team at the Police Hospital certified that Melaye is well and healthy to stand trial after treating him.
“However, due to complaints from Senator Melaye that he is not well, the Police Investigation Team has taken him this afternoon (Friday) to another government hospital, DSS Medical Facility in Abuja for further medical attention.
“The Police Investigation Team obtained a 14-day remand warrant from the FCT High Court on January 9 to keep Senator Melaye in Police custody for investigation into the case of criminal conspiracy and attempted culpable homicide against him till January 23, 2019.”
The force denied reports that the operatives who evacuated the lawmaker were masked.