- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Davido remembers his late mum with beautiful words
Davido took to Instagram to remember his mother and Pay tribute to her. The singer shared a photo of his late mother Veronica Adeleke, looking beautiful and youthful, and he wrote:
“LOVE U MOMMY!! !!! I KNOW ITS YOU THAT IS PROTECTING ME!!!!! I KNOW!!!! I LOVE U!! UR SON GALLANT DIE!!!!!!!! RIP!!!”
See Screenshot below;
Biography of Davido’s mother
The late mother of the popular Nigerian superstar Davido was Veronica Imade Adeleke. She gave birth to him on November 21st, 1992 in Atlanta, Georgia, the United States, even though the family of Adelekes was Nigerian and later moved back to their native country. Veronica Imade Adeleke was born in 1963.
The notable thing about her is that she loved music, just like her son. In the 90s, she had a brilliant music career and was the owner of a record label. She was also part of a band named “David’s Band.” This was not the only thing she named after her son. She also had a security company, which was called “David’s security”. Her son was really the apple of her eye.
Veronica Adeleke was a lecturer at Babcock University in Osun State. She was very bright, intelligent and loved by all the lecturers and students.