- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Ukraine vs Nigeria: New Super Eagles invitee, Maja takes over Mikel Obi’s shirt
New Super Eagles invitee, Josh Maja, will be wearing jersey number 10 for Tuesday’s international friendly against Ukraine at the Dnipro Arena, according to Sporting Life.
The iconic jersey was worn by John Mikel Obi, who retired from international football after this year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.
Maja who plays for French Ligue 1 side, Bordeaux, was a late call up for the friendly following the withdrawal of key players.
Alex Iwobi, Ikechukwu Ezenwa, Ola Aina, William Troost-Ekong, and Leon Balogun have retained their shirt numbers ahead of the match.
Rohr’s men will be facing a Ukraine side, that has never lost to an Africa side in the last seven years.
Kick off is 7.30pm.