- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
Court strikes out PDP’s star witness’ statement in support of Atiku’s petition
The Presidential Election Petition Tribunal (PEPT) has acceded to the request by President Muhamadu Buari for the striking out of a witness statement written by former Aviation Minister, Osita Chidoka, in support of the petition by Atiku Abubakar and the PDP.
Chidoka served as the National Collation Officer of the PDP during the last presidential election and testified as a star witness for the petitioner.
In its 4th ruling of the day, the court said the statement was incompetent, having been filed in violation of the provision of the Electoral Act.
The court also struck out some other documents and portions of some processes filed by the petitioners.