- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo bans mother from watching matches, gives reason
Juventus superstar, Cristiano Ronaldo, has given reasons he banned his mother from watching big football matches.
Speaking to Piers Morgan in an interview on ITV ahead of Juventus’s UEFA Champions League opener against Atletico Madrid on Wednesday, Ronaldo insisted that he banned his mum from watching matches because she gets too nervous watching him play.
Ronaldo said: “She gets so nervous, I don’t understand why.
“She is not allowed now to watch big games.
“I get friends to stay with her and she goes for walks around the house. She fainted two times in the stadium. She is nervous.
“It is impossible, I don’t have a father anymore and I don’t want to lose my mum, so I told her ‘you will not watch semi-finals or finals anymore’.”