- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
EPL: Chelsea open talks with two Nigerian players over five-year deals
Chelsea have opened talks with Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori over new deals.
The Blues are in discussions with the two Nigeria-eligible players and want them to commit their futures to the club until the end of the 2023/2024 season.
While Abraham is contracted to Chelsea until June 2022, Tomori’s contract runs out in the summer of 2021.
They have both been offered five-year contracts.
The two 21-year-olds were brought into the first-team fold by manager Frank Lampard, following the transfer ban imposed on the Premier League side by FIFA.
Abraham has already netted seven goals this season, while Tomori has forced his way into Lampard’s starting line-up.