- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
- BREAKING: Fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Police raid another torture centre in Katsina
- BREAKING: Labour, Reps meeting failed to hold, as NLC seeks new date
- BREAKING: EFCC re-arraigns Atiku’s lawyer over $2m money laundering
- 18 days after kaduna house of horror, chained children found at religious centre in Daura
- BREAKING: Moghalu resigns from YPP, canvasses for electoral reform
Falana warns FG to desist from illegal agreement with foreign nations
Popular lawyer and activist, Femi Falana (SAN) has warned Nigeria to desist from entering into illegal agreements worth billions of dollars with foreign countries knowing fully well that it may be challenged and set aside.
While addresing teeming reporters in Abuja on the decision of Western Sahara to challenge the “illegal” importation of tonnes of phosphates and other natural resources from their country into Nigeria by Morocco.
He advised Nigerian government to be weary of agreements and treaty it signed with Morocco as such violates the rights of the Saharawi people.
However, Popular Nigeria lawyer, Femi Falana has urged the Federal Government of Nigeria to sue its counterpart, South African Government and demand compensation for citizens of Nigeria who were casualties of xenophobic attacks.
In a statement titled “Beyond the condemnation of xenophobic attacks by the federal government” and made available to media houses, Falana said “like its counterpart in Nigeria, the political class in South Africa have failed to address the challenge of poverty and inequality confronting the majority of the black people.