- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
WAEC names new registrar
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced the appointment of Mr. Pateh Bah as the new Registrar.
Bah, from The Gambia, succeeded Dr. Iyi Uwadiae whose tenure expired on October 1, 2019. A statement by the Council’s Director of Public Affairs, Mr John Aduloju noted that Bah’s tenure is to last till September 2024.
The graduate of Commerce from Pune University, Maharashtra, India, worked in the public sector in education, sports and culture in Banjul (1990-1991) in Banjul before he joined WAEC, October 9, 1991.
His 2002 appointed as Personal Assistant to the Registrar/CEO led to his transfer to Accra, headquarters of WAEC, where he rose to the rank of Principal Assistant Registrar in 2010 before he went back to The Gambia, on request of WAEC board of directors, to Head the country’s National Office.
Bah was The Gambia HNO for nine years (2010-2019) – two of which was in an acting capacity.
The statement noted that Bah, who was ratified as Registrar since March 2019, has wide experience in education, quality assurance, technical training.
“Bah’s appointment as Registrar was ratified by Council – the International Governing Board of WAEC – at its 67th Annual Meeting held in Freetown, Sierra Leone in March 2019.
“Mr. Bah has made appreciable contribution to the development of education. He was a member of the Governing Boards of the Gambia Technical Training Institute and the Gambia National Accreditation and Quality Assurance Authority. He has served as Chairman, Audit Committee of the International Association for Educational Assessment (IAEA). He is also currently the Treasurer of the Association for Educational Assessment in Africa (AEAA), and a member representing Africa on the Board of Trustees of the IAEA.”
Mr. Pateh Bah is married and has children.