- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Daughter of late Dr. Samuel Ogbemudia, Eghe, has been suspended as the Chairman of Egor local government area.
Eghe is the fourth council chairman to be suspended within the past three months.
Others earlier suspended were Chairmen of Esan West local government area, Hon Patrick Aguinede, Alhaji Yakson Musa in Etsako West and Alhaji Aremiyau Momoh of Etsako East.
Reasons for the removal of Eghe was sketchy as at press time but government sources said councillors in the locality wrote a petition against her.
The source alleged she ran the council as a sole administrator and refused to appoint Supervisory Councillors.
Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mr. Monday Osaigbovo, has earlier said Governor Obaseki has always warned them on his zero tolerance for corrupt practices.