- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
China builds world’s largest double-deck suspension bridge (Photos)
A double-deck suspension bridge that is said to be the longest in the world built on a major river was on Tuesday, October 8, opened to traffic in China.
The suspension bridge was built on the Yangtze River in Wuhan, capital of Central China’s Hubei Province and is 1,700-metre long stretching 4.13 kilometres in length.
According to the xinhuanet.com, the top deck of the bridge has six lanes with a maximum speed of 80 kilometres per hour while the lower deck also has six lanes but with a maximum speed limit of 60 kilometres.
Reports said the double-deck bridge’s main structure consists of 49 steel beams that are each 36 metres long, 32.5 metres wide and 10 metres tall.
Teh bridge was held by 1,000-tonne beams,each beam weighs 1,000 tonnes, the weight of about 200 elephants.