- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Abducted Auchi Poly staff found dead
An Auchi Polytechnic staff, Samuel Okolie, who was reportedly abducted by gunmen on October 9 has been found dead. Mr Okolie’s corpse was found on his farm at Aviele community, near Auchi in the Etsako West Local Government Area of Edo early on Sunday.
The death occurred barely two weeks after another staff of the polytechnic, Dr S. Okhikhena, described as Okolie’s close friend was similarly murdered.
Okolie was said to have been abducted on his way to his farm after the close of work to pick people working for him. His mutilated body was dumped close to a truck he was said to be driving when the gunmen abducted him.
Edo State commissioner of police, Danmallam Mohammed, who confirmed the death, however, said Okolie was not abducted. Mr Mohammed said the death was “probably a case of suicide as parts of the deceased’s body were bathed with acid.
“It is probably a case of suicide because nothing was taken away from him and also from his vehicle.
“You know the rate of suicide is very high and his own cannot be an exception.”
The commissioner said, however, that investigation would be carried out by the command to ascertain what led to Okolie’s death.