- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Edo 2020: Obaseki sacks LG political appointees
Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki has sacked all local government political appointees.
Those affected are Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants, Secretary to Local Government and Supervisory Councillors.
The sacking was contained in a three- paragraph letter.
It was gathered that the sacking of local government political appointees was to affect only those in Edo North senatorial district but it was later changed to all the 18 local government areas.
One of the affected appointee in Owan East, Mr. Godwin Imoudu confirmed the sacking saying he has received his letter.
Earlier this month, Governor Obaseki had sacked over 300 political appointees in what is seen as a way to sweep fifth columnists out of his administrations.
About four council chairmen, Eghe Ogbemudia (Egor) Hon Patrick Aguinede, (Esan West) Alhaji Yakson Musa in Etsako West and Alhaji Aremiyau Momoh of Etsako East have been suspended for alleged corrupt activities.