- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
- BREAKING: Bayelsa APC deputy guber candidate disqualified
- Confusion as Appeal Court rules on Oyo guber poll
- BREAKING: Tam David-West dies at 83
- BREAKING: Petrol tanker burst into flame at Ipaja Road in Lagos State
- Akpabio triumphs as Appeal Court orders rerun in one local govt
- BREAKING: Appeal Court sacks Adeyeye, declares Olujimi winner
- BREAKING: Sowore meets bail conditions, to be released from DSS today
- Lagos Fire: Burning building collapses, kills policeman
Rohr Proud Of Super Eagles Display In Friendly Draw Vs Brazil
Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr is satisfied with the performance of his players in Sunday’s 1-1 friendly draw against five-time world champions, Brazil.
The three-time African champions took the lead in the 35th minute courtesy of a fine effort from Joe Aribo.
Brazil equalised three minutes after the break with Real Madrid midfielder, Casemiro slotting the ball home after Marquinhos header initially hit the woodwork.
“It was tough for us as the second game because Brazil would not have wanted to leave Singapore without winning, and it feels very good to know that we can play so well against some of the biggest names in football,”Rohr told reporters after the game.
“We didn’t have our best team here, but our wingers gave Brazil a lot of problems on the counter-attack and I am proud of our players. They can have a good future.
“We can still improve in defending set-pieces. We have height, with players as tall as two metres, but we have to be better in the air.
“It is not enough just to have good size, they need to jump well with good timing.
“These results are good for African football when Senegal and Nigeria did not lose to Brazil, one of the strongest teams in the world.”