- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
Buhari receives report of Marwa’s Presidential Committee on drug abuse
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday received the report of the Presidential Advisory Committee for the Elimination of Drug Abuse at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the advisory committee, which was constituted by the president on Dec. 11, 2018, is chaired by a former Military Administrator of Lagos state, retired Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa.
Other members of the committee included the wives of the President and Vice-President, Hajiya Aisha Buhari and Mrs Dolapo Osinbajo as members.
The committee is saddled with the responsibility of working toward reducing the level of drug abuse in the country.
Marwa had in January during an official visit to the Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Alhaji Musa Bello, disclosed that over 14 million people in the country were actively abusing drugs.