- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
PHOTOS: Osun Monarch begs critics as he drops traditional wears to add swags to royalty with foreign outfit
Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi, Oluwo of Iwoland has appealed to people that he should not be criticised for dumping his traditional outfit for a “swags” outfit because of cold.
The controversial king who is majorly criticised for his dressings, behaviours and actions that depise the core traditions of the Yoruba heritage uploaded a photo of himself on his Instagram where he wore “swags clothes“.
In an Instagram post, the Osun Monarch who is currently in Canada disclosed that he is adding swags to royalty with the foreign outfit and further stressed that many kings wear contemporary clothes.
COMING IN FROM THE COLD !!!
Please dont criticise me for being versatile and adding “SWAGS” to Royalty! Many kings wear contemporary clothes but I think my swags is the real issue here…. let everybody swag down…it’s called “confidence” in one self #ouneriewi #ouneriero Alakanbi seun epe kose
Meanwhile, the Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi Telu 1 has reportedly stopped rain from falling during the celebration of 2019 Egungun festival in Iwo.
A video that shows the king appealing to a greater king whom he addressed as the Most High to stop rain from disrupting the festival has gone viral on social media and garned reactions from Nigerians especially Yorubas.