- BREAKING: AGF takes over Sowore’s case from DSS
- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
Man allegedly kills father with shovel in Imo State
Tragedy struck in Ehime Mbano local council area of Imo State, following the alleged murder of 65-year old Mark Munuhawu by his first son, Ikechukwu Munuhawu.
Eyewitness account disclosed that Ikechukwu allegedly used a shovel to inflict the deadly act, which eventually killed his 65-year old father.
According to the Imo villager, “Ubia, like the deceased man was called by everyone in the community, had an open confrontation with his son, Ikechukwu”.
It was gathered that as the confrontation was intensified,Ikechukwu, wore a violence spirit and slapped his father.
Eyewitness told newsmen that “the confrontation evoked angered from his three brothers, Ugochukwu, Ifeanyi and Chinemere. They promptly rose to their father’s defence.
Having been condemned and overpowered in the process, Ikechukwu left the scene in anger”, the villager recounted.
It was also gathered that Ikechukwu laid attack on his father, a commercial motorcyclist and on sighting him, he allegedly threw a broken bottle at his father but missed the target.
Eyewitness further disclosed that Ikechukwu didn’t stop there, as he then grabbed a shovel, hit his father with it, and this gave him a deep cut in the neck.
“Sympathisers quickly rushed the dying man to St. George’s Hospital at Nkwo Umunumo Market, while the doctor instantly referred the patient to the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, where he eventually died”.
Meanwhile, in reaction to this,angry youths of the community, grabbed and handed over Ikechukwu to the Ehime Mbano Police Division, for investigation and possible prosecution.