- BREAKING: Appeal Court varies terms in bail granted Dasuki
- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
USSD code: Nigerians react to new charges effective from October 21
There is about to be a change in the way you perform USSD transactions with your bank, as you’ll now be charged for any USSD activities you perform ranging from dialing USSD code to recharge your line, buy data, or even generating Token for your Prepaid Meter using.
Telecom provider MTN sent subscribers a notification of the impending charges which will take effect from 21st of October 2019. Some mobile networks have also sent out notifications to customers informing them of the new USSD code charges
“Please note that from Oct 21, we will charge N4 per 20 seconds for USSD access to banking services. Thank you,” a notification sent by MTN to customers read.
Nigerians have now taken to their social media pages to react to the new development. See some reactions below.
All that’s been gotten from this government is extra billing, things an average man didn’t know they pay for has gotten an attached price, TF is USSD Charges … yet nothing has improved in the society at large, we haven’t even gone a year into the regime. – @ayomachine
So @MTNNG in their usual fashion have gone ahead to implement a new charge on bank USSD usage directly from registered mobile numbers claiming it is at the instance of Banks. Why should I be charged by my bank and mobile operator for using same service. This is unacceptable to me – @DonanAmillah