- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
The Federal High Court in Abuja today partially softened Omoyele Sowore’s bail conditions
Sowore, who was arraigned on a four-count charge ranging from treasonable felony to money laundering among others, was given bail condition of paying N150 million and had his movement restricted to Abuja.
Ever since his bail approval, he has being unable to meet the condition of his bail.
Recall that Femi Falana who is representing Sowore, had described the conditions attached to his bail as “stringent”.
At the commencement of the hearing on Monday, his counsel, Mr Femi Falana, informed the court of the motion seeking a variation of the bail conditions.
He noted that the motion is being supported by a four-paragraph affidavit, a written address and an exhibit which is the ruling of the court granting bail.
He further stated that the application is to pray the court to vary the conditions for the bail of his client with respect to a condition which requires one of the sureties to deposit 50 million.
He referred the court to the case of Colonel Dasuki where the court imposed the same conditions and the appeal court ruled that the condition was excessive.
However, Justice Ojukwu said Sowore’s bail can only be reduced to N50 million while Bakare’s should be reduced to N20 million.
Subsequently,the Abuja high court partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s bail conditions. Sowore: From N100 million to N50 million and removed 50million security deposits.
Also, Bakare: From N50 million to N20 million.
While the case was adjourned until November 6 and 7.